IL Vernon would like to give businesses the opportunity to advertise in the Dogs of IL Vernon 2012 Calendar.
Why dogs? IL Vernon is a resource centre for people with various disabilities. IL Vernon's unique and friendly office environment allows staff to bring their dogs to work. IL Vernon recognizes the impact dogs have on staff and consumers of the Centre. For example, reducing consumer's anxiety when accessing support and information from the Centre, providing comic relief, enhances relationships, and allows people who are unable to have a dog to get their 'dog fix'.
This year's calendar will continue its focus on raising awareness of assistance dogs. Many people are familiar with a seeing eye dog for people who are blind, however there are a number of duties assistance dogs can be trained to perform. For example, dogs can be trained to detect seizures, low blood sugar in people with diabetes, and have a calming effect for people with mental health disabilities.
IL Vernon has met a number of consumers who have been denied access to businesses because their registered assistance animal is different then a seeing eye dog. For example, a consumer with a registered assistance dog for her anxiety, was waiting for a transit bus at the bus stop and the driver did not stop for her. This lack of awareness causes enormous anxiety and frustration for that consumer and any person with various disabilities with registered assistance animals. Therefore, IL Vernon is working to raise awareness about the many varieties of assistance animals.
IL Vernon's slogan is 'Promoting a new perspective on disability' because it is the only disability organization which serves people with a variety of disabilities. Other disability organizations focus their services for specific disabilities. By supporting IL Vernon, you are supporting a unique organization that makes a difference in the quality of life of people with various disabilities. The Dogs of IL Vernon Calendar will be sold for $10.00 and the proceeds of the calendar will go to support recreation activities for youth with various disabilities.
The calendar features:
- 1000 copies to be professionally designed and printed
- Your business will be promoted for the month in which you buy advertising
- Over 30 full colour pictures of assistance dogs
- Helpful tips about bringing dogs to work & Service dog etiquette
Exposure of your ad:
- 1000 copies of the calendar will be printed
- IL Vernon will recognize your support of an advertisement:
- Sponsor's logos will be displayed in the IL Vernon office to the more than 6000 yearly visitors
- Sponsors will be recognized on IL Vernon's social media sites (BLOG, Twitter and Facebook) – 1000 hits/year
- A special ad will display sponsor logos on IL Vernon's website http://ilvernon.ca - 3000 hits/year
- IL Vernon's AGM report recognizes sponsors of all IL Vernon fundraising – circulated to 100 consumers and funders
- IL Vernon is hosting “Dogs for Independence Walk” on October 16, 2011 to help raise awareness of assistance dogs. Sponsors of the calendar will be acknowledged at this event – exposure to 300 people
With one ad, your business has a chance of being recognized by over 11,000 potential customers!
Please click here to view the advertising options and rates.
-Advertising information can be emailed to email@example.com
- Business logo- format options: eps,ai,or png
- Business name, address, phone number
- Name of contact person and phone number
-Please indicate if you prefer a certain month, advertising spaces will be on a first come, first serve basis.
-Payment can be made by cheque, VISA, or Mastercard
Thank you in advance for supporting Independent Living Vernon!